Pathways to College
Capital Region Sponsor-A-Scholar works in the public high schools in Albany, Schenectady and Troy to prepare our Scholars for success in college and beyond.
We carefully select students in 10th grade. We commit to providing each scholar with academic, mentoring and financial support through college graduation.
We work one-on-one to connect our Scholars with the people and opportunities that change their lives.
Thanks to the support of our donors, Sponsor-A-Scholar provides the foundation for success:
- individualized academic guidance and college counseling;
- funding for Advanced Placement courses and materials;
- PSAT/SAT preparation and test fees;
- weekly homework sessions and tutoring for Scholars in high school;
- the long-term commitment of an adult volunteer mentor;
- assistance with financial aid applications, college essays and scholarship research;
- connections to potential internships and enrichment programs;
- opportunities to visit colleges and explore career pathways.
Pathways to College is at the very heart of what we do. The dedicated support from Bank of America,The Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region, and The Bender Family Foundation makes this program possible.